- by Kevin Deal
The Joyo JF-08 Digital Delay Effect Pedal is a digital delay that is being made by using one of the finest ICs – pt2399 IC. This type of IC makes the use of filters to convert the delayed signals that have the same response time to an old Bucket Brigade Delay that almost each and every person on earth knows and loves from Ibanez and Boss. But by using the Joyo JF-08 Digital Delay Effect Pedal, the user, gets to hear and enjoy the analog sound which is improved up to 600ms of delay time and true Bypass.
The digital delay is designed in a manner that it provides three standard controls to control the Level, Time, and Repeat, to its users. Also, the providers of this digital delay render an extra user manual along with the digital delay, so if the customers do not have an ease while using the merchandise they can refer to the user manual. The Joyo JF-08 Digital Delay Effect Pedal is factory made by using the filter circuit that helps it in producing the sound of analog delay. The merchandise is built in a tank like structure and is also made dependable.
The Joyo JF-08 Digital Delay Effect Pedal that features a special filter circuit and is helpful in closely reproducing the sound of analog delay has various such other features which make it one of the most preferred and recommended a digital delay. Some of the many features are as listed below:
1. Standard Controls
The Joyo JF-08 Digital Delay Effect Pedal is a unique digital delay that renders a marvelous feature to its users to have access to the three standard controls to control the Time, Repeat and Level. The Time standard control is used to adjust the delay time of the digital delay whereas the Repeat and Level standard controls are used to adjust the intensity of the feedback signal and the mixing ratio of the delaying signal and the original signal, respectively. This feature of the digital delay not only makes it unique from various other digital delays but also adds a feather to its uniqueness.
2. Delaying Time Range
Out of the many benefits of the Joyo JF-08 Digital Delay Effect Pedal, one of the most important benefits that make it popular among the customers is its range of the delay time. The digital delay has a short range of delay time of about 25 to 600 milliseconds. Such a short range of delay time is helpful in reproducing the sound of an analog delay.
3. True Bypass
The old Bucket Brigade Delay that everyone loves from the Ibanez and Boss has been replaced by the analog sound with a short range of delay time. Because of these features, this digital delay is considered to be having a true bypass. This unique and marvelous true bypass design is the most beneficial when it comes to reducing the loss of some of the tones.
The Joyo JF-08 Digital Delay Effect Pedal is a digital delay that renders the sound of analog delays to its users. When this digital delay loses its charge and needs to be powered up again, the user can anytime power it up by using the 6F22 9 volts battery. Also, the providers of this digital delay offer one such battery with the merchandise with each and every purchase of the product.
5. Other Specifications
The Joyo JF-08 Digital Delay Effect Pedal has the awesome delay time range of about 25 to 600 milliseconds which offers the sound of analog delay to the users. This digital delay has its effective pedal dimensions as 11.8 x 8.7 x 3.8 cm and the pedal weight to be approximated about 380 grams, which are equivalent to 13.4 oz. The digital delay is a step down digital delay because of its input impedance of about 500-kilo watts whiles its output impedance as 100-kilo watts. The digital delay runs without any obstructions on 40-mile amperes current.
All merchandise in the market that comes with a high hope of being popularized among the customers is not necessarily sent percent perfect. The Joyo JF-08 Digital Delay Effect Pedal also have comes with many marvelous benefits but with some limitations.
Pros & Cons
- Filter circuit design: The Joyo JF-08 Digital Delay Effect Pedal is a digital delay that not only uses one of the finest ICs – pt2399 IC but also uses the filter circuit in its factory making. The filter circuit is very beneficial in converting the old Bucket Brigade Delay into the sound of analog delay with a time delay range of 25 to 600 milliseconds.
- Minimal loss of tone: The Joyo JF-08 Digital Delay Effect Pedal is a digital delay, which makes it easy for the customers to know the difference from the tone of the low-class digital delay. The digital delay has been manufactured by using a True Bypass design, which minimizes the loss of the tone.
- Handy information with user manual: The digital delay comes with user manual, which gives the additional information that can help the customers in making a better decision regarding the purchase of the merchandise.
- Ease of storage and convenience of use: The digital delay comes in an aluminum alloy casing, which adds to its ease of storing feature.
- Repetition of sound: The filter circuit is helpful in making the sound of analog delay but along with it, it also produces some repetition of a sound that is slightly muddy at a frequency. This repetition of sound is not at all pleasing to the ears of the users.
The Joyo JF-08 Digital Delay Effect Pedal is a digital delay at comparatively very low cost. From slapback, to full on cascading walls of chiming goodness this digital delay effect pedal can get you what you exactly want. The digital delay has a unique feature of allowing the users to adjust the standard controls of level, time and repeat. The digital delay is worth every penny you spend on it.